We adhere to the Privacy Act 2020 and its privacy principles and how we collect, handle, and use personal information.
- We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- Contact information
- Personal information (medical and financial)
- Interaction with us, e.g. telephone calls, emails, texts, letters
In situations where we cannot collect the information from you directly, we may collect it from other people in certain circumstances. For example:
- You give us permission to collect your information
- We collect information from a publicly available source (e.g. companies office)
- Collect information which would not prejudice your interests
- Collect information from you directly which would undermine the purpose of collection.
We collect your personal information for its lawful purpose in order to:
- Better understand your financial/medical needs and position in order to put a financial plan in place for you
- Comply with any legal, governmental or regulatory requirement on us or in connection with legal proceeds, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution
- Check instructions you have provided to us or to resolve dispute
- Provide customer support, to improve the quality of the service we provide and to train our staff
- Keep you informed (by email, letter, phone, text or in person) of products and services we consider may be of interest to you
We only collect your information in ways that are lawful, fair and not unreasonably intrusive.
Besides our staff, we share this information with:
- A product or service provider when implementing any of our recommendations or variations thereof
- A third party in order to take actions connected to a purpose for collection (e.g. our CRM system to store and hold your information)
- Compliance advisers, auditors or claims assessors who may need access to our files (e.g. Strictly Business Limited, our dispute resolution scheme (FDRS) or the Financial Markets Authority
- Other professionals such as solicitors, accountants, finance brokers, financial planners (when such services are required to compliment the advice as requested by you).
How we manage our information:
- We keep your information safe by storing it in a safe and secure location and only allowing certain staff members to access it
- We have secure mechanisms in place to ensure your data is kept private against loss and inappropriate access. We have a secure CRM system that is regularly backed up and stored
- Selected members of the Financial Lifestyle Team have access to your information, in order for it to be readily available if you require information, i.e., policies or contact details we hold on you. If you need to update any of your data (such as a change of address) please click here to contact us and we will do this immediately.
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter certain parts of information, we will be unable to provide specific services.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you would like to ask a copy of your information or have it corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 09 488 0852 or PO Box 31-052, Milford, Auckland 0741